db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Who is responsible for JDOCentral.com?
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 22:41:43 GMT
Hi David,

No one has the bandwidth to move the JDOCentral content onto the
Apache site. We're just talking about having a valid URL to redirect
jdocentral.com. I think users deserve to know the true (if
abbreviated) story of JDOCentral and why it's now redirected to
Apache JDO. And redirecting it to db.apache.org/jdo directly doesn't
give us that ability.

In future, we can always change the contents of the jdo/
jdocentral.html...

Craig

On Sep 18, 2007, at 2:32 PM, David Jordan wrote:

> That may be the case, but it will be a different group/organization
> responsible for jdo on the Apache site, unless you are suggesting
> to move all the JDOcentral content onto the Apache site. If that is
> the case, then having it under JDOcentral makes sense. Just have a
> link at the JDOcentral level back up to the jdo parent directory
> and vice versa.
>
> On Sep 18, 2007, at 4:06 PM, Michelle Caisse wrote:
>
>> I agree. It would be too weird to just land on the JDO site from
>> the jdocentral URL. The page can just explain that the Apache JDO
>> site is now JDO Central (if we can use the name) and direct users
>> to the rest of the site. Unless someone has an idea about specific
>> content that would be appropriate for the jdocentral page on the
>> Apache JDO site...
>>
>> -- Michelle
>>
>> cbeams wrote:

>>> +1