db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JDO TCK 2.0 - Which set of tests to use?
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 17:32:48 GMT
Hi Ilan,

On Sep 25, 2007, at 10:18 AM, Ilan Kirsh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The JDO 2 TCK 2.0 package that is available for download at:
>     http://db.apache.org/jdo/releases/release-2.0.cgi
> contains many invalid tests that have been fixed since that release.

Correct. The latest trunk has updated tests.

> In order to claim compliance with JDO 2 should I use the tests at:
>     http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/jdo/trunk/tck2-legacy/ ?

Well, there's no official release of the JDO 2.1 test suite, so
probably to claim compliance with JDO 2.0, you should update the
exclude list and run the original tests. And you should take a look
at the tck2 project as well.

> Should I fill CHALLENGE against tests in that set that IMO are
> invalid?

Yes. We still have time to fix these before official release.

> Thanks,

Thank you for your continued support.

Craig

> Ilan Kirsh