db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JDO TCK 2.0 - Which set of tests to use?
Date Wed, 26 Sep 2007 18:22:22 GMT
Hi Ilan,

It looks like there are 49 cases in which this test is not finding the
expected method signature in your implementation. Within this group,
there are three cases.

- There are 26 instances in which the impl declares a method abstract
and the test expects a concrete method.

- There are 21 cases where the test finds a fully qualified method name
and is expecting an unqualified name, as in:
--- missing constructor:
    expected: public  .JDOCanRetryException(java.lang.String,
java.lang.Throwable[], java.lang.Object)
    class:    public class javax.jdo.JDOCanRetryException extends
javax.jdo.JDOException
--- non-standard, public member;
    found:    public javax.jdo.JDOCanRetryException(java.lang.String,
java.lang.Throwable[], java.lang.Object)
    class:    public class javax.jdo.JDOCanRetryException extends
javax.jdo.JDOException

- There are 2 cases involving the static keyword where there is no
difference between the expected and found.
--- missing method:
    expected: public static java.lang.Object[]
getObjectIds(java.lang.Object[])
    class:    public class javax.jdo.JDOHelper extends java.lang.Object
--- non-standard, public member;
    found:    public static java.lang.Object[]
getObjectIds(java.lang.Object[])
    class:    public class javax.jdo.JDOHelper extends java.lang.Object

The first case looks like an implementation issue, the last a test
issue. There are also 6 different ClassNotFoundExceptions that look like
a test issue. Perhaps Martin or Craig could take a look at the test.
I've attached some output files that are easier to read than the original.

-- Michelle