db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Apache JDO : site
Date Sat, 29 Sep 2007 14:04:52 GMT
I propose moving a number of JPOX docs general to JDO onto Apache JDO's site.
To be more specific, we (JPOX) have some docs under
http://www.jpox.org/docs/jdo/jdo_overview.html
some of which need updating (some of the figures are outdated or could be
cleaner), but all are based around explaining the JDO spec to users (since
the average JDO user doesnt go near the spec, but may respond better to
pretty flow charts and sample code). They would sit better over on Apache JDO
IMHO.

Issue 1 : Anyone against this move of content? Any issues, or any of the docs
in that section not suitable ?

Issue 2 : by moving these docs over, the Apache JDO site will start to get
much more content than it currently has, and when this happens it may be
necessary to add top-level navigation as well as the current side navigation,
or to add hide/show features to the side navigation. Apache JDO currently
uses some "Anakia" (?!) to generate the docs which I know little of (except
that its Velocity underneath), so why is this used instead of Maven1 "site"
plugin (which is also Velocity) ? Any objections to using Maven1 "site"?

--
Andy  (Java Persistent Objects - http://www.jpox.org)