db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: Who is responsible for JDOCentral.com?
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 16:52:52 GMT
> > Is the JDO vendor community still serious about JDO?
> > If so, I think they should fund to keep JDOCentral alive...
>
> I'd like to see the same.

So I can understand your requirements better I ask the question "JDOCentral
was what exactly ?" To me it was a central point for discussion of a
technology. I would have thought that the logical successor is Apache JDO, or
JPOX, or both.

JDOCentral had :-
1. articles about use of JDO. JPOX has tried to provide an equivalent in
the "Tutorials & Examples" section of our docs for each release. All docs are
marked with what is JDO specific and what is an extension.

2. news about presentations etc.

3. forum for problems/discussions - that became a home to spammers for the
final year of its life. Apache JDO has a mailing list for JDO-specific
issues, and JPOX has a forum for real-world use.

I've no problem with putting/moving any JPOX docs that are JDO-generic across
on Apache JDO to facilitate a more logical division between technology and
implementation.

Perhaps you could define what more you mean with "keep JDOCentral alive"?

--
Andy  (Java Persistent Objects - http://www.jpox.org)