db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Ilan Kirsh <ki...@objectdb.com>
Subject Re: JDO TCK 2.0 - Which set of tests to use?
Date Tue, 25 Sep 2007 18:06:39 GMT
Is there an approved exclude list for the original JDO 2 TCK 2.0
that is more realistic than the bundled list of 2 enhancement tests?

If not, when ready, I can publish my exclude list as a suggestion.

Regards, Ilan

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Craig L Russell
  To: JDO Expert Group
  Cc: Apache JDO project
  Sent: Tuesday, September 25, 2007 7:32 PM
  Subject: Re: JDO TCK 2.0 - Which set of tests to use?

  Hi Ilan,

  On Sep 25, 2007, at 10:18 AM, Ilan Kirsh wrote:

    Hi,

    The JDO 2 TCK 2.0 package that is available for download at:
        http://db.apache.org/jdo/releases/release-2.0.cgi
    contains many invalid tests that have been fixed since that release.

  Correct. The latest trunk has updated tests.

    In order to claim compliance with JDO 2 should I use the tests at:
        http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/db/jdo/trunk/tck2-legacy/ ?

  Well, there's no official release of the JDO 2.1 test suite, so probably to claim compliance
with JDO 2.0, you should update the exclude list and run the original tests. And you should
take a look at the tck2 project as well.

    Should I fill CHALLENGE against tests in that set that IMO are invalid?

  Yes. We still have time to fix these before official release.

    Thanks,

  Thank you for your continued support.

  Craig

    Ilan Kirsh