db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Bengtson" <e...@jpox.org>
Subject RE: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Sep 14, 9 am PDT
Date Sat, 15 Sep 2007 11:41:34 GMT
>2. Review PMF bootstrap process for JDO specification. Feedback was
>received from Matthew. Other issues are whether there is a need for
>getPMF(Map, ClassLoader, ClassLoader) and whether you can use a Map
>plus a String pmf name. AI Matthew provide examples for 8.6.1.1
>jdoconfig.xml.

I have an use case to fuel the classloading discussion...

An app running in OSGI environment:

The application runs in a thread which classpath is isolated from other
resources such as PC classes, bootstrap configuration file (.properties,
jdoconfig.xml or persistence.xml), jdo implementation and jdbc drivers.
So the classpath is organized as:

System classpath
jdo.jar (CP 0)
Application classes (CP 1) - jdo classes loading delegated to CP 0
bootstrap configuration file in (CP 2)
jdo implementation in (CP 3) - jdo classes loading delegated to CP 0
jdbc drivers in (CP 4)

Pseudo code:

Map props = CP2.load bootstrap file();
props.put("org.jpox.primaryClassLoader",CP4);

PersistenceManagerFactory pmf =
JDOHelper.getPersistenceManagerFactory(props,CP2);