db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Aug 10, 9 am PDT
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2007 14:15:28 GMT
> 2. Annotations: discuss custom settings for enum-valued elements. We
> need better javadoc for UNKNOWN, and in fact we might change UNKNOWN
> to UNSPECIFIED so it's more clear from the name itself. AI Matthew
> raise this issue on the alias. It also seems like adding a new value
> of CUSTOM is unnecessary because if the user specifies a custom
> value, the annotation processor just uses it, and verifies that the
> standard strategy enum value is UNSPECIFIED.

@Persistence "valueStrategy"
@DatastoreIdentity "strategy"
+1 to rename of UNKNOWN to UNSPECIFIED, and use of "customStrategy"
(@DatastoreIdentity) / "customValueStrategy" (@Persistent) as per Craigs
proposal.

@Inheritance also has "strategy"
To allow implementations to define their own inheritance strategies can we
make the following changes
1. InheritanceStrategy : add UNSPECIFIED
2. @Inheritance : change "strategy" to have default of UNSPECIFIED
3. @Inheritance : add "customStrategy"

I was going to raise this a JIRA for this but Apache JIRA seems to be dead ...

--
Andy  (Java Persistent Objects - http://www.jpox.org)