db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: JDO 2.1 specification draft can be reviewed...
Date Sun, 05 Aug 2007 05:47:54 GMT
Hi,

> I'd like to see others' reaction to this proposal as well.
> > 	String getObjectState(Object pc)

I clearly think it's a good idea since that's why JPOX has it ;-)
Anything that adds more information to the user domain and more clearly
defines the object states is a good thing.

I agree with the principle of making the return an enum (for the "api21" jar -
obviously can't be like that in the legacy jar since that has to support
1.3+). The only issue is that HOLLOW and P_NONTRANS have the same
combinations of the various "isPersistent", "isTransactional", etc fields and
that is why the JPOX method outputs "hollow / persistent-nontransactional"

--
Andy  (Java Persistent Objects - http://www.jpox.org)