db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew T. Adams" <matt...@matthewadams.org>
Subject RE: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Aug 17, 9 am PDT
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2007 17:24:10 GMT
Thanks, and this will be included in the standard enhancement contract.

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Bengtson [mailto:erik@jpox.org]
Sent: Saturday, August 18, 2007 6:57 AM
To: jdo-dev@db.apache.org; jdo-experts-ext@sun.com
Subject: Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Aug 17, 9 am PDT

Matthew and All,

Do you also have ClassFileTransformer for transparent runtime enhancement
with
JRE 5 ?

usage example:
------------------
java -javaagent:jdo-2.1.jar -Djavax.jdo.enhancer.class=acme.EnhancerImpl
<MAIN>

alternative command line:
java -javaagent:jdo-2.1.jar=enhancer.class=acme.EnhancerImpl <MAIN>

Implementation
-------------------------------------
package acme;
public class Enhancer
{
   public Enhancer() {}
   public byte[] enhance(final String className, byte[] classdefinition,
ClassLoader loader)
   {
      return bytecodemodified;
   }
}
--------------------------------------
package javax.jdo.enhancer;

public JDOClassFileTransformer implements ClassFileTransformer
{
   public static void premain(String agentArguments, Instrumentation
instrumentation)
   {
       instrumentation.addTransformer(new JDOClassFileTransformer());
   }
   public byte[] transform(ClassLoader loader, String className, Class
classBeingRedefined, ProtectionDomain protectionDomain, byte[]
classfileBuffer)
   {
       Enhancer enhancer = new instance of class defined at
System.getProperty("javax.jdo.enhancer.class")
       return enhancer.enhance(className,classfileBuffer,loader);
    }
}