db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Abstract Class Persistence
Date Sun, 29 Jul 2007 04:34:51 GMT
I thought I'd describe my understanding of PAC so we have a common
basis for discussion.

The difference between Persistent Interface and Persistent Abstract
Class is:

1. interface PIXXX vs. abstract class PACXXX

2. PIXXXImpl implements PIXXX vs. PACXXXImpl extends PACXXX

3. All methods in PIXXX must be properties (corresponding get/set
methods) vs. all abstract methods in PACXXX must be properties.

4. PIXXXImpl implements all property methods vs. PACXXXImpl
implements all property methods.

That's it.

I think that JPOX has already done the hard part in getting PI to
work. The remaining work is "mapping" the concepts of PI to PAC.

If you point me in the right direction, I'll try to make a patch for
JPOX.

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com