db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: DISCUSS remove @Field and @Property; add @Persistent
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 15:56:33 GMT
Well, member didn't show up as a thesaurus entry, but I like it.

Member does have a meaning in Java but I think the meaning is
consistent enough with "field or property" to consider. It also means
"or inner class" but I don' think that's a negative.

We could also use @Persistent as the annotation but use member and
members as elements. I'll try some sample code and see what looks good.

Craig

On Jul 19, 2007, at 7:42 AM, Michael Bouschen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I agree @NotPersistent is better than @Transient. The term
> serialization is already occupied by serialization and both
> concepts (serialization and persistence) are orthogonal.
>
> Are we still looking for a name for a new annotation replacing both
> @Field or @Property or did @Persistent win the race?
> How about @Member?
>
> Regards Michael
>
>> Hi Andy,

>>> No. You never told me ;-) nor did anybody else object when those
>>> annotations
>>> were added a longggg time ago.
>>>
>>> So why not @NotPersistent ?
>>
>> Sounds good. I'll take a closer look at using @Persistent and see
>> if everything can be made consistent.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Craig
>>>
>>> --
>>> Andy  (Java Persistent Objects - http://www.jpox.org)
>>
>> Craig Russell
>> jdo
>> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
>> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!
>>

> --
> Tech@Spree Engineering GmbH  Tel.: +49/(0)30/235 520-33
> Buelowstr. 66                Fax.: +49/(0)30/217 520-12
> 10783 Berlin                 mailto:mbo.tech@spree.de
> Geschaeftsfuehrung: Anna-Kristin Proefrock
> Sitz Berlin, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 564 52

Craig Russell