db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Abstract Class Persistence
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 06:23:21 GMT
Hi Andy,

On Jul 30, 2007, at 10:52 PM, Andy Jefferson wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
>> Is there a "getting started" building JPOX from source? I downloaded
>> Core, Enhancer, and Plugins but the maven goals don't seem to work.
>
> In general follow
> http://www.jpox.org/docs/project/building_maven1.html
>
> You'll probably need the top level too (because I seem to remember
> that
> Plugins inherit from them - you could just remove the <extend> line
> from
> project.xml to get over that part).

I don't see a "top level" in the cvs repo. I did check out maven.xml,
project.xml, and project.properties.

> If you're using JDK1.4/1.5 then you will also need to download and
> build
> Plugins/ThirdParty before building Core (unless you're using JDK
> 1.6) -
> contains some stubs for the JDBC4 changes that we need to support
> for JPOX to
> run on JDK1.6.
>
> Any particular error?

Following the instructions at building_maven1.html, I get:
[Bruiser:~/jpox/cvs] clr% cd JPOX/Core/
[Bruiser:cvs/JPOX/Core] clr% maven clean jar:install
__  __
|  \/  |__ _Apache__ ___
| |\/| / _` \ V / -_) ' \  ~ intelligent projects ~
|_|  |_\__,_|\_/\___|_||_|  v. 1.0.2

Attempting to download jdo2-api-SNAPSHOT.jar.
Artifact /javax.jdo/jars/jdo2-api-SNAPSHOT.jar doesn't exists in
remote repository, but it exists locally
Attempting to download jpox-thirdparty-1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download jpox-thirdparty-1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar.
Attempting to download ojdbc14.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download ojdbc14.jar.
Attempting to download jpox-testframework-1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar.
Artifact /jpox/jars/jpox-testframework-1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar doesn't
exists in remote repository, but it exists locally
Attempting to download org.eclipse.equinox.registry-3.2.0.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download org.eclipse.equinox.registry-3.2.0.jar.
Attempting to download org.eclipse.equinox.common-3.2.0.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download org.eclipse.equinox.common-3.2.0.jar.
Attempting to download org.eclipse.core.runtime-3.2.0.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download org.eclipse.core.runtime-3.2.0.jar.
Attempting to download org.eclipse.osgi-3.2.0.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download org.eclipse.osgi-3.2.0.jar.
The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied
dependencies:

jpox-thirdparty-1.2-SNAPSHOT.jar
ojdbc14.jar
org.eclipse.equinox.registry-3.2.0.jar (try downloading from http://