db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: DISCUSS remove @Field and @Property; add @Persistent
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2007 23:36:55 GMT
Looking some more, expanding the search radius:

aspect, character, characteristic, facet, idiosyncrasy, indication,
mark, note, particularity, peculiarity, point, property, quality,
quirk, sign, speciality, symbol, trait, virtue

appearance, aspect, attribute, badge, bent, caliber, cast, complex,
complexion, constitution, crasis, disposition, emotions, estimation,
ethos, frame, genius, grain, habit, humor, kind, makeup, mettle,
mood, morale, mystique, nature, personality, quality, record,
reputation, repute, sense, set, shape, singularity, specialty,
spirit, standing, streak, style, temper, temperament, tone, trait,
turn, type, vein

affection, aspect, attribute, badge, bag, bearing, bent, caliber,
cast, character, complexion, component, differentia, disposition,
distinction, earmark, endowment, essence, essential, faculty, flavor,
frame, idiosyncrasy, inclination, individuality, mannerism, mark,
mood, nature, originality, particularity, peculiarity, personality,
point, property, quality, singularity, specialty, streak, stripe,
style, symptom, temperament, tendency, thing, thumbprint, tinge,
tone, trademark, trait

On Jul 18, 2007, at 2:22 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:

> Top 80 candidates to replace persistent:
>
> abiding, constant, dependable, diuturnal, enduring, fast, firm,
> fixed, impervious, lasting, long-continued, long-lasting,
> perdurable, perduring, permanent, persistent, reliable, resistant,
> sound, stable, stout, strong, substantial, tenacious, tough,
> abiding, ageless, always, amaranthine, boundless, ceaseless,
> constant, continual, continued, continuous, dateless, deathless,
> enduring, everlasting, forever, illimitable, immemorial, immortal,
> immutable, imperishable, incessant, indefinite, indestructible,
> infinite, interminable, lasting, never-ending, perdurable,
> perennial, permanent, perpetual, persistent, relentless, termless,
> timeless, unbroken, unceasing, undying, unending, unfading,
> uninterrupted, unremitting, without end
>
> @WithoutEnd(name="name")
>
> Craig
>
> On Jul 18, 2007, at 2:18 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:
>
>> Hi Andy,
>>
>> On Jul 18, 2007, at 1:46 PM, Andy Jefferson wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Craig,

>>> While I agree totally with merging @Field and @Property, the use of
>>> @Persistent is not appropriate.
>>>
>>> @PersistenceCapable
>>> public class MyClass
>>> {
>>>     @Persistent(persistenceModifier=FieldPersistenceModifier.NONE)
>>
>> This is another anomaly: FieldPersistenceModifier should become
>> PersistenceModifier.
>>
>>>     String someFieldThatIsNotPersistent
>>> }
>>>

>>> so I tag a field that is not persistent with @Persistent ?
>>
>> Doesn't bother me as much as duplicating Field/Property all over.
>>
>> How about creating a new tag like @NotPersistent. To go along with
>> @Transactional and @Persistent.
>>>
>>> Any other idea for name? that suggests field/method/property ?
>>
>> Since you agree with the direction, I'll try to plumb the depths
>> of my vocabulary...
>>
>> Craig
>>>

>>> --
>>> Andy  (Java Persistent Objects - http://www.jpox.org)