db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Embedding fields of non-persistent types even when field-type is used
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2007 17:40:58 GMT

On Jul 27, 2007, at 10:03 AM, Michelle Caisse wrote:

> JPOX doesn't support embedding fields of non-persistent types even
> when the field-type attribute is used to specify the specific type.
> The TCK now uses inheritance from non-persistent interfaces, which
> allowed us to simplify the coding of new pc classes, but doesn't
> work with the embedded Address field.

This is an issue. Is JPOX able to fix this? The alternatives are not
pretty, since we use both persistent classes and persistent
interfaces in the model. The setAddress(IAddress) methods need to be
implementable by both the persistence provider and the tck code.

Any ideas?

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com