db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: Abstract Class Persistence
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 05:52:14 GMT
Hi Craig,

> Is there a "getting started" building JPOX from source? I downloaded
> Core, Enhancer, and Plugins but the maven goals don't seem to work.

In general follow
http://www.jpox.org/docs/project/building_maven1.html

You'll probably need the top level too (because I seem to remember that
Plugins inherit from them - you could just remove the <extend> line from
project.xml to get over that part).

If you're using JDK1.4/1.5 then you will also need to download and build
Plugins/ThirdParty before building Core (unless you're using JDK 1.6) -
contains some stubs for the JDBC4 changes that we need to support for JPOX to
run on JDK1.6.

Any particular error?

--
Andy  (Java Persistent Objects - http://www.jpox.org)