db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: Annotations for embedded Key, Value, and Element
Date Thu, 19 Jul 2007 05:09:46 GMT
Hi Craig,

> >> The only thing needed is the Embedded[] embedded() default {} element
> >> of @Key, @Value, and @Element, replacing the String embedded() that I
> >> think has no use here.
> >
> > @Element "embedded" (String) has the same use as
> > <collection embedded-element="...">
>
> Yes, this is part of the separation of jdo from orm metadata. It
> might make sense to preserve the name of the attributes and put the
> corresponding annotation elements embeddedElement, embeddedKey, and
> embeddedValue  into @Field and @Property and then use embedded() for
> mapping.

I disagree on that placement of the other flags, back on to @Field/@Property.
They relate specifically to the element, key, value so keep them on the
associated annotation would be my vote. So then it really comes down to
namings of the global flag, and the mapping details

1. "embedded", "embeddedMapping"
2. "embeddedElement", "embedded"

> Have you looked at how to do mapping of embedded element, key, and
> value with the current annotations? I might have missed something
> obvious...

Looks fine to me. Should cater for all cases I have immediately to mind

--
Andy  (Java Persistent Objects - http://www.jpox.org)