db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From "Matthew T. Adams" <matt...@matthewadams.org>
Subject RE: greetings and question about data stores
Date Tue, 31 Jul 2007 18:04:56 GMT
Hi Richard,

Apache JDO is the home of the JDO API (the interface & class files of the
specification) & TCK (the code that tests whether a JDO implementation is
compliant with the specification); none of the code here actually writes to
a database*.  The reference implementation for JDO 2.0 is JPOX
(www.jpox.org) -- it is an implementation of the JDO 2.0 API.  There are
also many other implementations of JDO out there.

HTH,
Matthew

*:  There is a legacy reference implementation called FOStore (pronounced
like "foster") that was used as the JDO 1.0, but I don't think that's used
much anymore.  Others can comment on that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Richard Schilling [mailto:rschilling@cognitiongroup.biz]
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:22 AM
To: jdo-dev@db.apache.org
Subject: greetings and question about data stores

Greetings.  This is my first post to the list.

I would like to know about the code base itself.  There is not any
documentation that discusses the structure of the code itself and how
the software interacts with the data store.

Can any one tell me what source code files actually contain the code
that writes to the data store?

Thanks!

Richard Schilling