db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Rename property PersistenceUnitName to Name
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 00:46:19 GMT
It seems that we added PersistenceUnitName to the
PersistenceManagerFactory before completely understanding the usage,
which primarily is to assign a name when configuring the PMF via
jdoconfig.

I now believe that the "PersistenceUnit" part of the property name is
distracting, and the real property name should be simply "Name". That
is, PersistenceManagerFactories can have a Name property. The javadoc
and other documentation can call out that this name is the same as
the PersistenceUnit name in JPA, but I don't think that there is
value in calling it PersistenceUnitName.

The implication is a change in the PersistenceManagerFactory API and
the jdoconfig xsd.

Any comments?

Craig

Craig Russell