db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Christian Ernst <cer...@versant.com>
Subject Re: Rename property PersistenceUnitName to Name
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 03:50:00 GMT
Craig L Russell wrote:
> It seems that we added PersistenceUnitName to the
> PersistenceManagerFactory before completely understanding the usage,
> which primarily is to assign a name when configuring the PMF via
> jdoconfig.
>
> I now believe that the "PersistenceUnit" part of the property name is
> distracting, and the real property name should be simply "Name". That
> is, PersistenceManagerFactories can have a Name property. The javadoc
> and other documentation can call out that this name is the same as the
> PersistenceUnit name in JPA, but I don't think that there is value in
> calling it PersistenceUnitName.
>
> The implication is a change in the PersistenceManagerFactory API and
> the jdoconfig xsd.
>
> Any comments?
That sounds good.

I would like again to introduce the idea that we also add such a name
property to the
PersistenceManager and that we add a getPersistenceManagerByName(String
aName)
to the PersistenceManagerFactory.

cheers
Christian

--
Christian Ernst
Software Engineer

Tel: +49-40-60990 338
Fax: +49-40-60990 113
EMail: cernst@versant.com

Versant GmbH
Wiesenkamp 22b
22359 Hamburg
Germany

Think Outside the Grid!
http://www.versant.com

Versant GmbH is incorporated in Germany.
Company registration number: HRB 54723, Amtsgericht Hamburg.
Registered Office: Wiesenkamp 22b, 22359 Hamburg, Germany.
Geschäftsführer: Jochen Witte