db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Volunteer in JDO project
Date Mon, 04 Jun 2007 19:43:29 GMT
Hi Gustavo,

That's great that you want to volunteer in JDO.

This activity involves creating new interfaces in the api2 project
javax.jdo package that extend javax.jdo.PersistenceManagerFactory and
javax.persistence.EntityManagerFactory and another interface that
extends both javax.jdo.PersistenceManager and
javax.persistence.EntityManager.

There is some additional work required to look at the
javax.persistence.spi interfaces and see if there needs to be any
corresponding javax.jdo.spi interfaces.

You can look at http://wiki.apache.org/jdo/CurrentDevelopment for a
list of items still to be done.

This activity is in JIRA https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-452

You should check out the JDO subversion repository trunk http://
db.apache.org/jdo/svn.html to get started.

Best regards,

Craig

On Jun 4, 2007, at 12:14 PM, Gustavo Pinto wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm Brazilian, and I develop in java since 1 or 2 years ago. I have
> some
> knowledge in JPA, and i would like to participate as volunteer in task
> "Provide interfaces that extend both JDO and JPA in order to make
> it easier
> to migrate applications from JDO to JPA."
>
> what I should read? do? learn?
>
> --
> Gustavo H. L. Pinto
> http://gustavopinto.org