db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: Annotation overrides
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 05:00:30 GMT
> One: since we are seeking harmony with JPA in the long term, we should
> consider that JPA allows XML metadata to override object model annotations.
>
> Two: the easiest rule to learn doesn't have exceptions.  XML metadata
> overrides annotations.

Three : the spec is easier to write when the rule is simple. XML metadata
overrides annotations ;-)

What if some developer has defined (in annotations) a class as having field
"x" persistent and I don't want to persist it. I then override the field
"persistence-modifier" in XML metadata.
Or maybe I want to embed a particular object but the developer didn't think of
that when writing the class and its annotations, so I override it.

-- Andy  (Java Persistent Objects - http://www.jpox.org)