db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: Rename property PersistenceUnitName to Name
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 06:04:47 GMT
> I now believe that the "PersistenceUnit" part of the property name is
> distracting, and the real property name should be simply "Name". That
> is, PersistenceManagerFactories can have a Name property. The javadoc
> and other documentation can call out that this name is the same as
> the PersistenceUnit name in JPA, but I don't think that there is
> value in calling it PersistenceUnitName.

So now we would only have the "named PMF" specified via a PMF property to
support and implementations wouldn't be required to support reading of JPA
"persistence.xml" ?
I thought the general idea was to have more read-across between JPA and JDO -
ok having a "named PMF" does have its equivalent in JPA clearly, but users
can't then just take an existing "persistence.xml" file and a
<persistence-unit> contained within it and use it under JDO. Or maybe I
misunderstand your proposal

--
Andy  (Java Persistent Objects - http://www.jpox.org)