db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: CHALLENGE: org.apache.jdo.tck.lifecycle.StateTransitionsReturnedObjects
Date Fri, 06 Apr 2007 19:04:41 GMT
This challenge is valid. The state transition is unspecified for
serialization of a persistent-nontransactional-dirty instance.

The test will be patched and made available in the branches/2.0.1 of
the svn repository.

The trunk, which will become the 2.1 version of the TCK, will be
modified per the results of the expert group discussion regarding
serializing instances.

Thanks,

Craig

On Apr 3, 2007, at 4:11 PM, Erik Bengtson wrote:

> The test asserts transaction of pc-non trans dirty to transient on
> serialization. I understand it should have been pc-non trans dirty
> to detached
> clean (matching pc-dirty and pc-non trans states behavior)
>
> 1)
> test(org.apache.jdo.tck.lifecycle.StateTransitionsReturnedObjects)
> junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:
> Assertions A5.9-1 through A5.5.8 (serialization, detachment,
> attachment) failed:
> StateTransitionsReturnedObjects: no transaction; current state
> persistent-nontransactional-dirty
> serialize outside tx returned instance in invalid state detached-
> clean; expected
> state transient
>
> 	at org.apache.jdo.tck.JDO_Test.failOnError(JDO_Test.java:1102)
> 	at
> org.apache.jdo.tck.lifecycle.StateTransitionsReturnedObjects.test
> (StateTransitionsReturnedObjects.java:179)
> 	at
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke
> (NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> 	at
> (DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
> 	at org.apache.jdo.tck.JDO_Test.runBare(JDO_Test.java:253)
> 	at org.apache.jdo.tck.util.BatchTestRunner.doRun
> (BatchTestRunner.java:107)
> 	at org.apache.jdo.tck.util.BatchTestRunner.start
> (BatchTestRunner.java:147)
> 	at org.apache.jdo.tck.util.BatchTestRunner.main
> (BatchTestRunner.java:122)

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!