db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject JDO metadata: XSD changes
Date Wed, 25 Apr 2007 20:13:08 GMT
Hi,

as Craig recently pointed out the JDO XSD files are not correct and
cause failures when using the feature schema-full-checking during XML
parsing (see Craig's email with subject "XSD woes" and the JIRA issue
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-472).

Here is a proposal of what should be changed from my point of view:
- Loosen the restrictions on the placement of extension elements,
meaning that the jdo implementation needs to do more checking. I sent
around an updated version of the JDO XSD file (subject "Re: XSD woes")
and did not receive any objections.
- Update the version entry in the XML Schema file to 2.1 and rename the
xsd files accordingly: jdo_2_1.xsd, orm_2_1.xsd and jdoquery_2_1.xsd.
- For consistency rename the DTD files to include the version number 2.1
(e.g. jdo_2_1.dtd) and adapt the standard PUBLIC and SYSTEM DOCTYPE.

Regards Michael

--
Tech@Spree Engineering GmbH  Tel.: +49/(0)30/235 520-33
Buelowstr. 66                Fax.: +49/(0)30/217 520-12

Geschaeftsfuehrung: Dr. Gerhard Mueller-Proefrock
                     Anna-Kristin Proefrock
Sitz Berlin, Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 564 52