db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Bengtson <e...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Apr 27 , 9 am PDT
Date Fri, 27 Apr 2007 08:23:58 GMT
Quoting Andy Jefferson <andy@jpox.org>:

> > Another issue: deletePersistentAll((Object[]) null) (and similars
> > operations) behavior not specified if arg is null
>
> See 12.6 at the end "Null management".

Andy,

That section refers to PM methods and only with arguments Object or Object[].
Another similar section should be added to Query api too.

query.deletePersistentAll((Object[]) null)
etc

Another non specified behavior is for Map and Collection

query.deletePersistentAll((Map) null)
pm.makePersistentAll((Collection)null)
pm.deletePersistentAll((Collection)null)

For the below methods, I don't know if this is in the spec but JPOX currently
throws JDOUserException for

pm.getObjectById((Collection)null)
pm.getObjectById((Collection)null,boolean)

I have only looked at a few methods, so other methods might need review too.

Regards,