db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Bengtson <e...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: JDO metadata: XSD changes
Date Thu, 26 Apr 2007 18:30:29 GMT
Michael,

I've changed my mind, and now I think we should fix the XSD, having strict
checks and lose flexibility, instead of having the jdo implementation do more
checking. It's just too long to implement/maintain/test, prone to errors and
costs in performance.

I propose the extension element to be placed as last child of the parent
element, and applications upgrading from JDO 2 to JDO 2.1 could use a PMF
vendor property to disable XSD validation if their schema is not valid

By the way, the DTD in the JDO 2 spec document refers to JDO 1 DTD instead of
JDO 2 DTD.
Regards,