db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Mar 2, 9 am PST
Date Fri, 02 Mar 2007 18:26:15 GMT
Attendees: Matthew Adams, Michael Bouschen, Martin Zaun, Michelle
Caisse, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. Named PMF proposal. Good feedback on the proposal.

Why not just use JPA? Because we need other stuff that's JDO specific.

Why not support META-INF to find services? Good idea. See Erik's
proposal, which will end up in the spec.

Should there be another way to find metadata? Maybe not. We already
know how to find .jdo, .orm, and .jdoquery files.

Do we need to add a bunch of stuff to the JDOHelper and
PersistenceManagerFactory APIs? Just JDOHelper: a string constant
"META-INF/jdo.xml" and a new method getPersistenceManagerFactory
taking no arguments. AI Craig: update the JDOHelper class to include
the new constant and method.

AI: All review issue http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-467

2. Other issues

Who is going to update the xsd on the Sun web site?

I propose Michelle. Mind meld will be scheduled with Craig.

Action Items from weeks past:

[Aug 11 2006] AI Craig propose some semantics for behavior if user
tries to add to a list where the ordering element is incorrect.

[Jul 14 2006] AI: Erik document 220 annotations that don't have a
corresponding JDO concept.

[Jun 23 2006]  AI  Martin look at what Hibernate and TopLink support
for Enum types. In progress.

[Apr 14 2006] AI Craig: update the roadmap for JDO. In progress.

[Nov 4 2005] AI Martin: Update Martin's wiki with discusion of JDK
1.5 issues. In progress

[Sep 2 2005] AI: To recruit members, update the web site. Articles
on  TheServerSide directing attention to the site. T-shirts, logo.
AI:   Craig write a ServerSide article.

-- Michelle

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com