db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michelle Caisse <Michelle.Cai...@Sun.COM>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Mar 30 , 9 am PDT
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 17:36:30 GMT
Attendees: Michael Bouschen, Martin Zaun, Matthew Adams, Michelle
Caisse, Eric Bengtson

1. XSD

An xsd expert confirmed that our xsd files are not valid. A sequence of
elements where two are identical, as with <extension>, where the
intervening elements are all optional, is not permitted. We intend,
then, to use a choice for the elements, which will not impose an order,
but cannot express a limit on the maximum number of occurrences.
Therefore, JDO implementations must verify that certain elements are not
found more than once.

Michael will change xml test in api20 to test this case using the JDK5
xml schema parser, which would have caught this problem.

2. Named PMF proposal

Matthew is uploading a new patch which adds some new tests. He will
discuss some XML issues with Michael. The code is close to completion
and Matthew is waiting for feedback.  The code has not been tested on
1.3 and would require separate download of JAXP to run.

-- Michelle