db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: Will fscontext and providerutil jars be available for automatic download?
Date Fri, 22 Dec 2006 09:56:10 GMT
Hi Bill,

fscontext.jar includes a "File System Service Provider for JNDI"; it
supports the JNDI features for a local or networked file system. The jar
providerutils.jar includes utilities used by service provider. You can
get it from Sun's JNDI Downloads page:
http://java.sun.com/products/jndi/downloads/index.html. You need to
click 'Download JNDI 1.2.1 & More', accept the license agreement and
then download 'File System Service Provider, 1.2 Beta 3'. The zip
fscontext-1_2-beta3.zip includes fscontext.jat and providerutil.jar.

JDO supports finding a PersistenceManagerFactory via JNDI. The TCK uses
the above implementation to test the JNDI related APIs. Today a TCK user
has to manually download the jars and copy them to a specific directory
in the TCK. It would improve usability if we could define a regular
maven dependency such that maven automatically downloads the jars.

Thanks!

Regards Michael
> Michelle Caisse wrote:
>> Hi Bill,
>>
>> The JDO development team is wondering of fscontext.jar and
>> providerutil.jar will be available for automatic download using maven
>> dependency mechanism. We would like to simplify the install for the
>> JDO 2.1 maintenance release in several months. Currently we instruct
>> users to manually download the files.
>
> Sorry, I don't know what those files are.

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin