db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, Nov 16, 9 am PST
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2006 18:09:24 GMT
Attendees: Martin Zaun, Michelle Caisse, Michael Bouschen, Craig Russell

Agenda:

1. Moving forward with  JDO maintenance release. The maintenance
review has almost completed; there were requests for an Item
Exception Review received. The release strategy has been discussed in
email, and it looks like we will create two new projects based on the
two projects that will need jdk 1.5 support. AI: Craig send a [VOTE]
message to formalize the plan.

2.  Follow-up on suggestion for new PMF setting
javax.jdo.ClassLoader. The proposal by Erik looks good and might be
included in the maintenance release. Two issues came up: is the
pattern really just one ClassLoader, or is it possible that multiple
class loaders are used? Answer: Multiples. So the API should use the
add/remove pattern instead of set. Second issue: JDOPermission needs
to protect the add/remove operations. AI Craig ask PMO if we can
include this as a comment feedback.

Other issues

3. Erik is changing the query processor for projections and needs to
know if there is some sample code in Apache that evaluates queries in
memory. Yes, but the implementation doesn't support projections. It's
support is for JDO 1 query only.

4. We will not have a meeting next week due to the Thanksgiving holiday.

Action Items from weeks past:

[Oct 27 2006]  AI: Matthew add comment to JDO-403 regarding split
between JDO and ORM annotations..

[Sep 1 2006] AI Craig  check into default handling to accommodate
different defaults for annotations (?) based  on context. In progress.

[Aug 11 2006] AI Craig propose some semantics for behavior if user
tries to add to a list where the ordering element is incorrect.

[Jul 14 2006] AI: Erik document 220 annotations that don't have a
corresponding JDO concept.

[Jun 23 2006]  AI  Martin look at what Hibernate and TopLink support
for Enum types. In progress.

[Apr 14 2006] AI Craig: update the roadmap for JDO. In progress.

[Nov 4 2005] AI Martin: Update Martin's wiki with discusion of JDK
1.5 issues. In progress

[Sep 2 2005] AI: To recruit members, update the web site. Articles on
TheServerSide directing attention to the site. T-shirts, logo. AI:
Craig write a ServerSide article.

-- Michelle

Craig Russell

408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com