db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From <e...@jpox.org>
Subject Multiple Datastores/DataSources
Date Sun, 05 Nov 2006 21:08:16 GMT
Hi,

In applications using multiple datastores, the common usage for JDO is
use  multiple PMFs. In JPOX we have started the implementation of a
feature where one PMF/PM/TX will handle multiple datastores and I would
appreciate any input especially if you have experienced that before :).

My major concerns so far are:

- The metadata declaration (one object to many datastores; many objects
to many datastores)
- the transactional behavior (needs a transactional manager (XA
resources) when running outside a JTA container)
- how to declare multiple datastores in PMF properties and link that to
metadata

Thanks,

Erik Bengtson