db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject TCK lifecycle tests
Date Tue, 03 Oct 2006 23:00:58 GMT
Javadogs,

Some of the challenges are against the lifecycle table that is copied
from the spec into the test case tck/lifecycle/StateTransitions. The
suggestion was to change some of the state transitions from ERROR to
IMPOSSIBLE, but this doesn't capture the spirit of the test.

I think that we should change the specification table entries in
these cases from ERROR to UNSPECIFIED and update the test case to
follow. The actual behavior of UNSPECIFIED would be the same as
IMPOSSIBLE (that is, the test would not be executed) but it would be
more maintainable.

This would also make it easier in the future if we decide to change
UNSPECIFIED to ERROR-IN-BINARY-COMPATIBILITY-MODE. Then the test
would not be run if non-binary-compatible, but it would be run and
check for an error if binary-compatible.

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!