db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: PersistenceManager extends Serializable
Date Wed, 18 Oct 2006 21:43:43 GMT
Hi Craig,

I think this is a good idea, since it would allow storing a
PersistenceManager as a session attribute (for whatever purpose). The
interesting question is whether any caches get serialized along with the
PersistenceManager? What happens with cached persistent instances of a
non-serializable class?

Regards Michael
> Javadogs,
>
> For easier development of web applications, it would be nice if
> PersistenceManager were Serializable. There is nothing stopping an
> implementation from declaring that their implementation extends
> Serializable, but the behavior is implementation-specific.
>
> For the maintenance release, I'd like to see if we can agree on the
> behavior of serializing a PersistenceManager if it does implement
> Serializable.
>
> Craig
>
> Craig Russell

> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com