db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Geoff hendrey <geoff_hend...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: PersistenceManager extends Serializable
Date Thu, 19 Oct 2006 00:01:13 GMT
If the instances in cache are not serializable, then an exception gets thrown at runtime when
the instance in cache tries to serialize.
(of course a PM might be "super smart" and might know how to serialize a PersistanceCapable
instanc. Heck, it already knows how to map a PC to a database).
:-)
-geoff

----- Original Message ----
From: Michael Bouschen <mbo.tech@spree.de>
To: jdo-dev@db.apache.org
Cc: JDO Expert Group <jdo-experts-ext@sun.com>
Sent: Wednesday, October 18, 2006 2:43:43 PM
Subject: Re: PersistenceManager extends Serializable

Hi Craig,

I think this is a good idea, since it would allow storing a
PersistenceManager as a session attribute (for whatever purpose). The
interesting question is whether any caches get serialized along with the
PersistenceManager? What happens with cached persistent instances of a
non-serializable class?

Regards Michael

--
Michael Bouschen        Tech@Spree Engineering GmbH