db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: The Future of JDO
Date Fri, 06 Oct 2006 15:02:45 GMT
> I always introduce JPA as a subset of JDO, which is true in terms of
> concepts

A while back we compiled a table of the differences (between JDO2 and JPA1) to
assist users in choosing what they want. You can find it here :-
http://www.jpox.org/docs/persistence_technology.html

The table is not exhaustive (since we only come to features as we implement
them). For example JPA1 doesn't allow control of specification of
foreign-keys, or indexes whereas JDO2 does - will add this.

I use this table as a basis for defining JPA1 being a subset of JDO2, and as a
basis for defining what JDO2 requires to be a true superset.

If anyone has items to add to that table we'd be happy to update it.

HTH
--
Andy