db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] JDO 2.1 maintenance release
Date Sun, 15 Oct 2006 19:35:34 GMT
Hi Andy,

My comments only apply to requiring standard support for Calendar. Of
course, individual implementations are free to support Calendar as a
field type and impose whatever restrictions they want on its use.

If enough implementations do this, I'm open to formalizing the
support in future, but right now, I don't know that we have enough
experience to tell users what they should expect.

Thanks for your comments.

Regards,

Craig

On Oct 14, 2006, at 9:30 PM, Andy Jefferson wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
>> I believe that you cannot map a Calendar to a single column in the
>> datastore because Calendar has a few features that you don't want to
>> lose:
>
> Thanks. I only had the storage of time and timezone in mind ... ie.
> part 1,
> forgetting the strangeness of Calendar.
>

> Withdraw the request for Calendar please :-)
> --
> Andy

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com