db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Ilan Kirsh <ki...@objectdb.com>
Subject Re: A JDO-JPA Bridge
Date Sun, 08 Oct 2006 10:12:56 GMT

Ilan

----- Original Message -----
  From: Craig L Russell
  To: Ilan Kirsh
  Cc: jdo-dev@db.apache.org
  Sent: Sunday, October 08, 2006 6:34 AM
  Subject: Re: A JDO-JPA Bridge

  Hi Ilan,

  I've looked at the JPA Query interface and I'm totally not impressed. There's no reason
to close a Query. The parameter binding is hopeless. There is no notion of serializing a query.
I don't see anything in common that would allow you to construct a JPA query and use the JDO
query API with it, so I don't see any need to return a JPDOQuery instance from either API.

  If you use EntityManager, use a JPA Query. If you use PersistenceManager, use a JDO Query.
Why mix?

  Craig