db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From <e...@jpox.org>
Subject RE: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, September 8, 9 am PT
Date Thu, 07 Sep 2006 18:26:15 GMT
Hi,

I've been so busy that I forgot today is Friday... I have one issue that
I noticed recently when playing with classloaders. It's the following:

1-Jdo.jar loaded by JDOClassLoader
2-Jpox.jar loaded by JPOXClassLoader (has access to JDOClassLoader)
3-Persistent Classes loaded by PersistentClassesClassLoader (has access
to JDOClassLoader)
4-Persistence Code loaded by PersistenceClassLoader (has access to
PersistentClassesClassLoader and JDOClassLoader)
5-Derby.jar loaded by DerbyClassLoader

The current thread invokes the Persistent Code. The current thread has
none of these classes/libraries in the class path. The Persistence Code
is the following:

pmf = JDOHelper.getPMF(props, JPOXClassLoaderReference);

The JPOX PMF impl is created but when JPOX wants to connect to the
database, it tries to instantiate the derby driver, however it is not
found in the classpath.

With this classpath configuration it's not currently possible to run the
application using the JDO standard (only with a proprietary
PMF.setUserClassLoader())

How about adding a method to include an user classloader at the end of
the class path search?

Regards,

Erik Bengtson