db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Bouschen <mbo.t...@spree.de>
Subject Re: Minutes: JDO TCK Conference Call Friday, August 11, 9 am PST
Date Sat, 19 Aug 2006 20:14:10 GMT
Hi Andy,

this is great news! I must have missed that you changed back JPOX to the
behavior of 1.1.0 with respect to object deletion.

I can confirm that the TCK passes uses the latest JPOX SNAPSHOT. There
is only one query failure (see JIRA JDO-390 for details), but this is
not related to the issue of object deletion (JDO-392).

Regards Michael

>> Current TCK against the current JPOX snapshot fails in tearDown due
>> to foreign key constraint violations.  The TCK might need to change
>> based on the resolution of JDO-392. AI Erik change JPOX to allow the
>> TCK to use the old behavior; the TCK might need a PMF flag for interim.
>>

> JPOX (nightly builds, available on our Maven repo) has for the last several
> weeks used the same behaviour that was used at 1.1.0 ... namely
> * if delete-dependent then delete dependents
> * else if nullable null the FK
> * else leave to the DB
>
> It has no such issue with any TCK snapshot that i've checked out over the last
> 2 months. Not sure what people are using there.
>

> I totally agree with Jorg that the use of <foreign-key> should be taken into
> account in this process. What it should be IMHO is
> 1. If delete-dependent, then delete dependents
> 2. If not dependent, but an FK is specified leave to the DB to sort it out
> 3. If not dependent, and no FK, null the FK (if nullable)
> 4. Else leave it to see what happens.
>
> The code for this is in JPOX CVS commented out (for 1-1, 1-N, M-N, N-1
> relations), but am waiting on JDO-392 to consider the issue before I enable
> it. If JDO-392 (and the content of the spec on this issue) doesn't get any
> action in the near future then it will become a JPOX extension.

Tel.:++49/30/235 520-33		Buelowstr. 66
Fax.:++49/30/2175 2012		D-10783 Berlin