db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: New location for Maven repositories on people.apache.org
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2006 23:33:27 GMT
Hi Carlos,

Thanks for that. There is no reference to these pages on the ibiblio
web site itself. (I looked at http://www.ibiblio.org/mirrors.html and
didn't see any reference to the maven directory).

Interestingly, the trailing / in the urls below is significant. Try
these two links:

http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/
and
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven

I suppose "anyone who knows anything about urls" knows why these are
different...

Craig

On Aug 11, 2006, at 4:12 PM, Carlos Sanchez wrote:

> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/
> and
> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/
>
> as part of the main maven repo.
>
> On 8/11/06, Craig L Russell <Craig.Russell@sun.com> wrote:
>> Hi Henry,

>> mirrors?
>> >
>> > They're not on the mirrors anymore. There were no reasons to
>> have the
>> > repositories on the mirrors given that they only existed for
>> rsyncing
>> > up to ibiblio and not as usable repositories themselves.
>>
>> But where are they on ibiblio? I can't find them. They used to be in
>> "java-repository" at http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/pub/mirrors/apache/
>> java-repository.
>>
>> So maybe they are no longer available as separate downloads, but
>> available only by maven?
>>
>> We used to publish the jar files as maven artifacts that could be
>> downloaded directly by a user by following a link to a mirror site.
>> Or maven could fetch them all by itself.
>>
>> Our .cgi script contained e.g.
>> jdo2-api-2.0.jar">jdo2-api-2.0.jar</a>
>> [<a href="http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/javax.jdo/jars/
>> jdo2-api-2.0.jar.asc">PGP</a>]
>> [<a href="http://www.apache.org/dist/java-repository/javax.jdo/jars/
>> jdo2-api-2.0.jar.md5">MD5</a>]
>>
>> So I'm still confused.

>> just
>>
>> And I'm now on the repository@ alias.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Craig

>> date.

>> step

>> > Unless anyone does it first, I'll have a go at updating them.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Hen
>>
>> Craig Russell
>> jdo