db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Clarification : sequences and catalog/schema
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2006 18:00:03 GMT
Hi,

when someone wants to assign values using the strategy sequence they can
specify the "sequence" attribute defining the sequence name. How do they
define that the named sequence is in a particular catalog/schema?

For example I have a class
<class name="MyClass" catalog="mycat" schema="mysch1">
    <datastore-identity strategy="sequence" sequence="SEQ1"/>
</class>

1. We could assume (as a default) that "SEQ1" is in the same catalog/schema as
the object requiring its values. Is this the intention? I didn't find a
specific wording to define this in the spec.

2. What if I wanted to use "SEQ1" in a schema "mysch2" for example ? Would I
be expected to specify a sequence name of "mysch2.SEQ1" ?

--
Andy
Java Persistent Objects - JPOX