db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: JDO2 Annotations
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2006 06:48:02 GMT
> For information, you can find an initial (top-level) set of suggested JDO2
> annotations at
http://jpox.cvs.sourceforge.net/jpox/JPOX/Plugins/Java5/src/java/org/jpox/annotations/

Since it's all quiet on annotations I'll provoke further :-)
The above link now shows an almost complete set of proposed JDO2 annotations
(I changed "PersistentField" to "Field" to match the metadata element). The
advantages of matching annotations to metadata element are obvious ... people
don't need to relearn the terms they already know from metadata. The only
places where I haven't stuck to this are the top-level PersistenceCapable,
PersistenceAware annotations (since they make more sense, to me)

The only elements missing are Index, ForeignKey, Unique (i'll add these soon),
Interface, Property (which are low interest for me) and the recursive aspects
of FetchGroup and Embedded (which are restricted due to annotations JDK1.5
design). Needless to say that these are all supported in the latest JPOX
nightly builds where you could actually use them interchangeably with your
metadata, or JPA annotations, or indeed your own set of annotations if you
feel like it.

Comments are welcome. Really.

--
Andy