db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Bengtson <e...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: JDO2 Annotations
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2006 22:42:25 GMT
I believe option 2 is most appropriate for JDO. JDO, really, is actually much
more behavioral predictable than JSR 220, so it really deserves its own
annotation.

However, implementations may just be capable to understand JSR 220 for confort
of the end user. Mostly to help then to "kind of" migrate from JPA to JDO,
particulary I'm refering to usage of the JPA tools that will generate JPA
annotations that could be used by JDO implementations.

> Orthogonal to the above, we need to decide whether support of
> annotations for implementations that support JDK 1.5 is required or
> optional.

I would say yes, speaking for Andy (Andy implemented the annotations stuff), it
was very easy to implement, and in a question of days. I abstain in case of
vote, just in case.

Still I would say add another option:

> 4. Track JSR 220 and JSR 250 annotations for persistence.
 and mapping. Have only what is already there and thats all (besides vendor
things)

JPOX is supporting fully or partially option 1 (since 2 is not standard), 3 and
4.

Regards,