db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: JDO2 Annotations
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 18:21:17 GMT
> I prefer option C. Mixing JDO 2 xml and JPA annotations
> sounds like JDO is transforming into JPA

After further review of the JPA annotations definition, and the amount of
configuration missing from JPA, I'm now tending towards option C also. It's not
like JPA has even the basic properties covered, which they don't. There are too
many concepts missing from JPA (not to mention the differing terminology) so JDO
would be defining its own annotations to a high degree anyway, so why not just be
done with it and define JDO annotations?

Clearly any implementation of JDO/JPA can implement their own support for JPA
annotations, but from a purely specification point of view JDO annotations need
to be complete and matching what the metadata provides control over, hence its
own set.

--
Andy