db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Erik Bengtson <e...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: JDOQL Subquery proposals (was: RE: any plans to support subqueries with similar concept as in sql)
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:13:36 GMT
Hi,

I like both, but I prefer using DECLARE VARIABLES way to avoid a new jdo api
jar.

The first one, addSubquery, would be much more complex if nesting of subqueries
is allowed, and it could become impossible to manage corner cases for this
feature.

> * Can type derivation & coercion of JDOQL variables be performed in all
> cases?

Not sure what you mean.

> * These proposals use the assignment operator ("=").  Should we use
> assignment via the JDOQL keyword "AS" instead or in addition to the
> assignment operator?

= or AS is the same for me.

> * This proposal requires that JDOQL variables be allowed to substitute for
> both JDOQL parameters and candidate collections.  Should this be allowed?

I cant see why not.