db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: JDOQL Subquery proposals
Date Fri, 23 Jun 2006 18:08:51 GMT
Hi Michael,

I came up with some more queries that I'd like to discuss as we
consider how to do subqueries. I haven't found a use case for
subqueries that themselves contain subqueries...

Select employees who make more than the average of their department
employees?
Select employees who make more than the average of the employees in
their department at the same pay scale?
Select employees who make more than the average of all employees?
Select employees named Joe who make more than the average of all
employees?
Select employees named Joe who make more than the average of all
employees at the same pay scale?
Select employees who make more than the average of all employees at
the same pay scale?

Craig

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com