db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: huge volumes and flush
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 22:56:26 GMT
Hi Erik,

Generally, use weak references to persistent instances so they can be
garbage collected when the user no longer holds a strong reference to
them. Unflushed dirty instances need to be referenced strongly so
they are not garbage collected. So at flush time, move the flushed
dirty instances from a strong-reference map to a weak-reference map
(key = oid, value = weak-reference object).

Craig

On May 24, 2006, at 7:21 AM, Erik Bengtson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In case of huge amount of objects loaded /persisted, the flush
> method is for
> this purpose. I wonder how the cache/state management can be
> implemented
> without breaking JDO contract and capable to handle load, any tips?
>
> Thanks
>
> Erik Bengtson

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com