db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Andy Jefferson <a...@jpox.org>
Subject Re: Google Summer of Code
Date Fri, 21 Apr 2006 18:20:31 GMT
> Apache is sponsoring students to do work in Google's Summer of Code.
> Google supplies the money to pay the students and ask the community to
> provide interesting projects.  It would be good if JDO could offer some
> proposals.  AI Michelle: Start a wiki page for ideas for projects.

FYI. JPOX asked to be a mentoring organisation for this SOC and sadly Google
didn't have enough funds. We have several ideas for projects in case people are
interested, all being related to extensions to JPOX ... support for XML
datastores, support for SQLlite, support for OLAP datastores, and many more. Our
participation would be on the condition of us receiving the mentoring money that
Google provides to pay for our time in assisting such students.

--
Andy