db-jdo-dev mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Staged JDO 2.0 release
Date Mon, 03 Apr 2006 21:36:07 GMT
HI Andy,

Thanks for the update. I noticed that there were new versions of the
JPOX SNAPSHOT being posted to the sourceforge download site, so
naively assumed that you were pushing updates.

I'll post the approved jdo2-api jar on the Apache site today; it
should be picked up by the mirrors and be widely available tomorrow.

To be able to watch the progress of the persistent interface issue, I
modified one of the config files so as to bypass the assignment
incompatibility issue that is stopping companyPMInterface.conf. The
configuration with no instantiated relationships gets an error while
persisting the JPOX objects, because the mapping for the generated
class isn't being set to use the mapping of the persistent interface.

With this config file:
jdo.tck.description = Completeness test with standard mapping, basic
testdata with no relationships.
jdo.tck.mapping.companyfactory =
org.apache.jdo.tck.pc.company.CompanyFactoryPMInterface
jdo.tck.classes = org.apache.jdo.tck.mapping.CompletenessTest
jdo.tck.testdata = org/apache/jdo/tck/pc/company/
companyNoRelationships.xml
jdo.tck.mapping = 0
jdo.tck.requiredOptions =

I get these errors (one such error for each instance persisted):
     [java] javax.jdo.JDODataStoreException: Insert request failed:
INSERT INTO datastoreidentity0.IDENTALINSURANCEIMPL
(EMPLOYEE,LIFETIME_ORTHO_BENEFIT,CARRIER,INSID) VALUES (?,?,?,?)
     [java]      at org.jpox.store.rdbms.request.InsertRequest.execute
(InsertRequest.java:387)
     [java]      at org.jpox.store.rdbms.table.ClassTable.insert
(ClassTable.java:2146)
     [java]      at org.jpox.store.StoreManager.insert
(StoreManager.java:739)
     [java]      at
org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.internalMakePersistent
(StateManagerImpl.java:3415)
     [java]      at org.jpox.state.StateManagerImpl.makePersistent
(StateManagerImpl.java:3388)
     [java]      at
org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.internalMakePersistent
(AbstractPersistenceManager.java:1146)
     [java]      at org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.makePersistent
(AbstractPersistenceManager.java:1201)
     [java]      at
org.jpox.AbstractPersistenceManager.makePersistentAll
(AbstractPersistenceManager.java:1241)
     [java]      at
org.apache.jdo.tck.mapping.CompletenessTest.localSetUp
(CompletenessTest.java:78)
     [java]      at org.apache.jdo.tck.JDO_Test.setUp(JDO_Test.java:220)
     [java]      at org.apache.jdo.tck.JDO_Test.runBare(JDO_Test.java:
236)
     [java]      at org.apache.jdo.tck.util.BatchTestRunner.doRun
(BatchTestRunner.java:107)
     [java]      at org.apache.jdo.tck.util.BatchTestRunner.start
(BatchTestRunner.java:147)
     [java]      at org.apache.jdo.tck.util.BatchTestRunner.main
(BatchTestRunner.java:122)
     [java] NestedThrowablesStackTrace:
     [java] ERROR 42X05: Table
'DATASTOREIDENTITY0.IDENTALINSURANCEIMPL' does not exist.

I haven't posted this to the JIRA; let me know if it would be useful.

Craig

On Apr 3, 2006, at 11:35 AM, Andy Jefferson wrote:

> Hi,
>
>> We're now waiting for the last JPOX issue to be resolved before
>> calling for a vote to release.
>
> Just so you know, SourceForge (developer) CVS has been totally dead
> since
> Thursday last week.
> This means that no checkins have been made for some days. It also
> means that any
> JPOX 1.1.0-rc-2 has not happened. Regarding fixing the persistent
> interface issue
> there has been progress made, though it wasn't yet passing with my
> latest code of
> Friday, though maybe Erik has more updates on where I got it to.
>
> We'll let you know when JPOX CVS has some change of note to finish
> this off.
>
> --
> Andy

Craig Russell